Workers’ compensation may be available for the victim of a machinery accident. If you were injured on the job, contact the Moebes Law machinery accident lawyers today to learn more and start your case.
Lawyers for Machinery Accident Workers’ Compensation
Moebes Law is a team of injury lawyers committed to helping you get your life back on track. With serious injuries often resulting from machinery accidents, you need an experienced legal team.
We handle the whole process on your behalf. Our lawyers know what benefits you may qualify for, how to pursue them, and what mistakes to avoid that people often make in the process.
We are lawyers for machinery accident workers’ compensation serving Atlanta and the surrounding areas. Begin your case today with a consultation with our team.
Where Might Machinery Accidents Occur?
Many jobs and industries rely on the use of machines. Someone may spend an entire day working with a single machine. Another person may infrequently encounter machines while on the job. Wherever there are machines present, there is the possibility of an accident.
Settings where machinery accidents may occur:
- Power plants and electrical facilities
- Road maintenance and repair
- Railroad, trams, and trains
- Manufacturing of goods
- Maritime industry
- Food production
- Oil and gas industry
Any worker may bring a claim for an injury, whether they are the machine operator or a bystander. The employer may be the owner/operator, or it may be owned or used by another entity which the victim merely encounters in the course of their employment.
Free Consultations – Start your Claim for Benefits
We are an Atlanta law firm specializing in workers’ compensation claims. We proudly represent individuals who need help following a machine accident while on the job.
See how we can be your advocate from start to finish. Consultations are free, and you pay no out-of-pocket costs. We get paid only if you do.
Contact us and ask for a consultation. We can start your claim for benefits today.
Causes of Machinery Accidents
To receive Georgia workers’ compensation benefits, you must show how your injuries arose from the scope and course of your employment.
Common causes of machinery accidents include:
- Poor maintenance, both in routine care and in response to specific warning signs
- Inadequate skill or training for the machine’s use, being signed off to use the equipment too soon
- Lack of experience and how to troubleshoot dangers and warnings
- Pressure to rush and work too quickly
- Electrical malfunctions
- Errors in tagging a machine out of service or returning it to service
- Distracted operation
- Use of the machine with people too close by
- Inadequate space to use the machine
- Safety violations, hiding previous violations
- Failing to follow checklists and protocols for safe use
- Not providing needed personal protective equipment
Immediately following an accident, the cause may not be known. There may be underlying reasons the accident occurred. Our lawyers investigate, showing how your injury arose from your employment.
Experienced Legal Representation for Machine Accident Victims in Atlanta
People often come to our lawyers frustrated and scared. Of course, they’re also injured. They need the workers’ compensation system to work for them. The workers’ compensation system provides access to medical care. Victims who are unable to work for more than seven days may receive wage benefits.
The insurance company may try to deny these benefits. They may hope that you do not know how to pursue your rights, or that you will make mistakes. They don’t represent you. Our lawyers represent injured victims, and we specialize in this area.
From gathering complex medical information to taking each legal step, our representation is full-service. We fight to get you the compensation you deserve until your case is complete.
Benefits, Compensation, and Settlements for Machine Injury Victims
A machine accident victim has important rights in the Georgia workers’ compensation system. Benefits, compensation, and settlements cover a range of harms the victim may suffer.
Benefits available to you may include:
- Emergency medical care from the nearest provider, until injuries are stabilized
- Fully paid healthcare from authorized providers. The insurance company must follow guidelines to authorize healthcare services at no cost to the victim
- Healthcare continues until you reach the maximum medical improvement or to statutory maximum weeks of care, or indefinitely if your injuries are catastrophic
- Reimbursement for travel to care
- Income to replace your wages if you have temporary total disability and cannot work
- Replacement income for temporary partial disability where the victim cannot work fully
- Compensation for any permanent partial disability that remains following your medical care
- Catastrophic injury benefits may include comprehensive case planning and rehabilitation
There are several ways that care may be denied or minimized by the insurance company. Wages may be miscalculated or fail to begin with no explanation. A rating for permanent partial disability may be inadequate given the true nature of the injury. Our lawyers represent you in addressing these and any other issues that may be important in your case.
The case may proceed to a trial, or it may reach a settlement. Reaching a settlement is the result of diligently building the evidence, evaluating your rights, and negotiating the appropriate result. Whatever your injuries and losses, we are committed to ensuring that your rights are protected in the workers’ compensation system.
File for Workers’ Compensation with Our Atlanta Machinery Accident Lawyers
AVVO has rated us a 10.0 Top Attorney in Workers’ Compensation. We’re also rated by Super Lawyers. These honors reflect the success we have achieved for our clients, and our commitment to you. At Moebes Law, we are experts, committed to providing experienced, informed, and dedicated representation for each client we serve.
We invite you to learn more about our Atlanta lawyers if you’ve been hurt in a machinery accident. We can file your case and represent you in the entire process. There’s no obligation at your consultation, and we can start your case now.
Call or send us a message today.