Spinal cord and back injuries may qualify you for workers’ compensation. If you have an on-the-job injury, contact our Atlanta injury lawyers for a free consultation about your case.
Legal Representation for Spinal Cord Workers’ Compensation
An injury to the spinal cord can change your life in an instant. Significant medical care may be needed, and the harm you suffer may prevent you from working.
The Georgia workers’ compensation system may provide welcome relief. When an injury occurs on the job, you may receive paid medical care, replacement income, and disability benefits. Moebes Law offers experienced legal representation for spinal cord workers’ compensation claims. Call or message us now for your consultation.
Types of Back and Spinal Cord Workers’ Compensation Claims
Common types of back and spinal cord injuries and symptoms that may be involved in a workers’ compensation claim are:
- Cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacral injuries
- Complete and incomplete injuries
- Paralysis, quadriplegia, tetraplegia, triplegia
- Paresthesia, tingling, a pins and needles sensation
- Breathing problems, pneumonia
- Infertility, sexual dysfunction
- Chronic pain
- Fractured vertebrae
- Sprains, strains, bulging discs
A spinal cord injury victim may be more likely to contract infections and complications. A victim may have damaged posture and visible disfigurement, but disfigurement is not required to receive benefits.
Benefits for Spinal Cord Injury Victims
A spinal cord or back injury may create a lifetime of pain and physical limitations. The person may be unable to work or need to significantly alter their career path. Fortunately, the workers’ compensation system addresses many of these needs.
Benefits for spinal cord injury victims may include:
- Emergency healthcare and stabilization measures
- Healthcare until you reach maximum medical improvement
- Temporary total disability to replace income if you are unable to work
- Temporary partial disability if you earn less than before while you are recovering
- Permanent partial disability to compensate you for loss of body function
- Travel expenses for medical care
- Rehabilitation efforts
- Medical devices, prescriptions, and over-the-counter needs
- Housing and transportation assistance
Healthcare should be received at no cost to the injured worker. It is covered by workers’ compensation insurance provided by the employer.
For spinal cord and back injuries, the cost of medical care may be significant. That may cause the insurance company to fight the claim. Our lawyers are prepared to build the evidence to prove your right to benefits. As part of our representation, we respond to the tactics of the insurance company. We prepare and pursue your case to reach the appropriate result.
Housing and transportation benefits in Georgia workers’ compensation
For spinal cord injury victims, housing and transportation needs are primary considerations. The purpose of medical care is to return the injured worker to the least restrictive lifestyle possible. There is authority in Georgia case law that home modifications and housing needs can be a part of appropriate medical treatment or rehabilitation for an injured worker. (See Pringle v. Mayor & Alderman of the City of Savannah, 223 Ga.App.751; 478 S.E.2d 139 (1996)).
As injured workers age, they are more likely to need assisted living. A person with a spinal cord injury is likely to be affected by aging needs, including decreased stamina that may necessitate the need for a wheelchair. For the injured worker, sound legal representation requires knowledge of these issues to ensure that they are addressed and provided for the victim. Failing to understand or anticipate the appropriate course of action may lead to a settlement or judgment that is far too little compared to the severity of the injury.
Spinal Cord Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Near You
At Moebes Law, we are the spinal cord workers’ compensation lawyers near you. We represent injured workers in Atlanta and the surrounding areas. Our lawyers may assist you with:
- Filing your paperwork and requesting a hearing
- Determining what benefits you should receive
- Processing the claim when the injuries reach the threshold of being catastrophic
- Assisting with special issues that are important for claims involving spinal cord and back injuries
- Contesting any incorrect determinations by the medical care provider
- Ensuring your temporary and permanent disability benefits are calculated appropriately
- Representing you at your hearing and complying with procedural steps to pursue the case
- Explaining things and communicating with you so that you fully understand the case process
Workers’ compensation is supposed to be a no-hassle way to get the help you need when you have an injury on the job. Unfortunately, insurance companies don’t always make it so easy. If they deny your benefits, there are things you can do to contest them.
The insurance company is not the final say if you take the necessary steps to request a hearing. Because of the significant benefits often involved in claims with back and spinal cord injuries, it’s important to have experienced legal representation overseeing the case to ensure your rights are protected.
Experienced Representation for Spinal Cord and Back Injuries
Moebes Law has a track record of success representing victims. Our law firm was founded with the goal of helping injured people. If a workplace accident or incident has caused you harm, we are here to represent your interests. Workers’ compensation is our niche, and we handle specialized claims where the victim has back or spinal cord injuries.
Our representation is complete and exhaustive – through legal procedures, negotiations, hearings, and the settlement process. Our goal is to meet your legal needs while you focus on your recovery. AVVO has ranked us a 10.0 for “Top Workers’ Compensation” representation. We’re proud of the success we have achieved for our clients, and we want to help you, too.
Free Consultation – New Clients Welcome
Level the playing field in your workers’ compensation case by having an experienced Atlanta spinal cord injury lawyer representing you. At Moebes Law, victims are our law firm’s focus. If you have a back or spinal cord injury that occurred at work, our legal team wants you to get the compensation you deserve. New clients are welcome.
See how we can represent you with no upfront costs. Plus, there is no payment for our services unless you receive compensation. With our representation, the workers’ compensation system can work for you. Contact us for a consultation and begin your case. Call or message us today.